Our validated qualifications are made up of a range of credit-bearing modules. However, it is possible to take individual modules from our programmes without working towards a qualification. Modules may be taken either as a creditor or as an auditor:
• Crediting a module means attending lectures, undertaking all of the assessment for a module and receiving a mark, credits and feedback at the end.
• Auditing a module means attending lectures but not submitting any assessments, and therefore no mark, credits or feedback are received at the end. Please note that some modules, such as languages, homiletics and guided reading, may not be audited.
Fees are charged according to the credit rating of the module and whether it is taken for credit or audit. Please visit the programme sections to find details of individual modules and their credit rating. Once you know a module’s credit rating, the relevant 2018/19 fee can be found in the table below.
• The list of modules running in 2019/20 will be available from the Admissions Office early in 2019 along with provisional timetables for each term.
• The application process for creditors is largely the same as for programme students. Applications must be submitted by Thursday 30 May 2019 and you would be required to attend an interview day. Please see the ‘How to Apply’ section for more details.
• If you’re thinking about auditing a module in Term 3 of 2018/19, please contact the Admissions Office for the Term 3 timetable. The list of modules running in 2019/20 will be available from the Admissions Office early in 2019 along with provisional timetables for each term.
• If you decide to apply as an auditor, we normally take up one reference from your minister/pastor and don’t ask you to come in for an interview. There are different closing dates for applying as an auditor, depending on which term the module you wish to audit is being taught:
- Term 3 2018/19 modules: Monday 28 January 2019
- Term 1 2019/20 modules: Thursday 27 June 2019
- Term 2 2019/20 modules: Monday 14 October 2019
- Term 3 2019/20 modules: Monday 27 January 2020