We have five standard ordination training pathways approved by Ministry Division, all taken on a full time basis:
• FdA Theology specialising in Theological & Pastoral Studies
• BA(Hons) Theology specialising in Theological & Pastoral Studies
• MTheol Theology specialising in Theological & Pastoral Studies (third year entry)
• PGDip Theology
• MA Theology
Most ordinands apply for either the FdA or BA(Hons), depending on how many years' training they are recommended for. Those who already hold a qualification in Theology may be eligible to apply for the MTheol, PGDip or MA:
• The MTheol is studied full time at Levels 6 and 7, alongside other modules which provide specific Anglican training;
• The PGDip or MA is studied part time at Level 7, alongside a wider selection of modules to make the overall pathway full time over two years.
Please read the relevant programme descriptions for more information.
Any other training pathway would be considered non-standard and would therefore require the agreement of the sponsoring diocese, Ministry Division and Oak Hill.
Please note that our new Flexible Learning offering is not a pathway for ordination training.